Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Various Roles of Instructional Design

I found this blog post an interesting read. I remember when I graduated with an Ed Tech degree, there were rarely any job postings for instructional designers. I was having such a hard time explaining to others, including my parents, what I did. :) With so much going on in eLearning, now there are IDs within so many organizations (academic & business).

http://jonathansid.blogspot.com/2009/06/various-roles-of-instructional-design.html

2 comments:

  1. I think this was one of my biggest aha moments at the e-Learn conference in 2008. IDs are such a varied group. I was pleasantly surprised to see that some of the IDs didn't do any development. They covered that first ID role and had other people on the team doing development (covering what could be other ID roles).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. IDs are a varied group indeed. Although I'm in a different role now, I continue to apply ID skills and appreciate having experienced the wearing of many hats. :)

    ReplyDelete