Monday, October 25, 2010

Playing Around with Mobile Real Time Texting Tools

Since attending the Schools of the Future Conference, I was inspired to dive further into exploring mobile tools. Therefore, I have decided to test things out at our upcoming team meeting tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. At least I'll receive immediate feedback that will assist me in deciding whether or not I'd like to integrate these tools into my upcoming Virtual Schools Symposium conference presentation happening in a couple of weeks.

Here are the two tools I have been exploring. The first tool was used by Mark Hines at the Schools of the Future Conference and the second tool was shared by my husband, Brent.

  1. Poll Everywhere: allows for easy gathering of live audience responses via mobile texting, Web or Twitter. I'm going to try the polling function live at our team meeting tomorrow. Team, get ready for an interactive session. :) It didn't take me long to create an account and set up a poll. It even has a downloadable PPT with sample instructions and the live poll integrated for immediate use.

  2. Wiffiti: publishes real time messages to screens from various sources such as mobile text, Web or Twitter. I'm planning on utilizing this interface as a "back chat" during our team meeting tomorrow. Creating this account was also fairly simple and easy. I was even able to customize my own bkgd for my screen, which Iliked. Here's the link to the page I created: http://wiffiti.com/screens/41989/. Brent also shared a video of how this tool has been used in an educational setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment